At VIA, our career mechanics and vehicle operators are the heart and soul of our ability to serve our community.
VIA’s mechanics ensure the safe and efficient functionality of vehicles, plant facilities and related equipment, both on and off VIA property. From preventative maintenance to diagnostics to repairs, our team members use specialized skills and problem-solving strategies to keep VIA moving.
By The Numbers
$23.76 per hour with regular step raises. Differential pay is available for schedules starting at 1:30pm or later.
- Family medical coverage
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation/paid holidays/sick leave
- Uniform and tool allowances
- And more
- Read and write English effectively
- Ability to perform simple mathematics
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a mechanic in any field OR hold a certificate of completion in a related field of study from an approved trade school or college OR have successfully completed VIA’s Targeted Maintenance Training Program