GETTING US WHERE WE NEED TO GO… FASTER
Advanced Rapit Transit (ART) is a critical component of the Keep SA Moving plan to improve the transit system and expand mobility options.
Find out more about the ART lines under evaluation, and how you can be a part of helping shape the future of modern mass transit in the region.
Check out the North/South ART details for more information on this project.
- Pay before you board
- Reliable 10-15-minute service all day
- Smart signals
- Real time route information
- Boarding for people with all abilities
- Level and all-door boarding..
- Connects more people to more
- Provides a reliable alternative
- Delivers access to key destinations
Faster and more reliable travel for riders
Prioritizes moving ART through intersections, minimizing delays
Makes boarding quick, easy and accessible, minimizing delays
Purchasing fares at the station ahead of time and not on the vehicle saves time while boarding
MORE reliable travel
- Dedicated bus lanes improve reliability, even as traffic congestion increases in the future
- Arrival times are more accurate
- Fewer cars on the road improves travel for everyone
ART MOVES MORE PEOPLE FASTER
For example, 126 people move through an average roadway intersection during a standard signal-light cycle. 80 of them ride transit.
On a road with transit-only lanes, 235 people move through the same intersection and signal-light cycle. 204 of them ride transit.